Friday, June 24, 2011

Being with family more important than the job

I just got Facebook messages from my cousin's wife today. We got to talking about what's been going on with her life and her family. She said that my cousin, her husband works in Saudi and she lives and work in Hong Kong and her only son now grown up is living in the Philippines with her mom. I'm reading about this and thinking, what's the point of having a high paying job, when you can't even enjoy being with your own family. I find this very sad. I'm looking at my situation and I don't make enough really to get by, but God is faithful enough to always provide for me and my kids.

The economy is really bad in the US and I can probably find a better job elsewhere. But I've been to a point in my life where chasing my dream job is not as important anymore as being with my kids. I love my kids. I love being around them. When I was married before, I took these times I had with them for granted. I feel that I didn't spend enough time with them when they were younger and I was too busy working and providing for my family. I lost my wife. Yes, I lost my wife, she didn't leave me, but mentally I left her alone and she just got fed up with it and found someone else now that will support her both physically, financially and emotionally. While I was too busy trying to rule the world, I left my ex-wife to raise our children by herself and even though I was there physically, I never really took the time to nourish the relationship I have with my kids. Now, I don't care about my job. It's become more important for me to be with my kids whenever I have them in custody than climb the corporate ladder.

Jobs come and go. And sometimes spouses. But your kids will always be your flesh & blood. Don't take them for granted. Thank you Lord for my daughter and son. Bless them always!

No comments:

Post a Comment