Sunday, February 28, 2010

It's Sunday and you have to say goodbye to the kids.

I had a really great time with my kids this weekend. Watched Percy Jackson & the Lightning Thief with Benji Saturday afternoon while Hayley hung around with her friends at the mall. Then dinner at the food court. About the best money can buy is the Chicken Teriyaki you can buy from Sakkio. It's a lot of food for about $7 with a drink. After that, just hang out at Borders for their free internet. When you're paying child support and there's not enough money left to do with the kids, hanging out at the bookstore is probably the least expensive form of entertainment with your kids. If you have little ones, you can go to the kids section and read them books all day long and it's a good time spent with the kids. For teenagers and pre-teen like mine, you pretty much just let them roam around and allow them to find something they can buy with whatever allowance money they have, while I sit in a corner with my laptop and use their free Wi-Fi. This time, instead of getting online, I actually handed the laptop to my daughter so she can catch up with her facebook friends, while I read a book I found very interesting. The name of the book was Rich Dad, Poor Dad. It gave me a lot of insights about finance and the main difference between assets and liabilities. I just finished Chapter 5, the History of Taxes and the Power of Corporations. It really explains how the poor and the middle class stay the way they are and the rich become richer and richer. I'm rethinking more about my financial situation and not worry about making more money, but how to make my money work for me and to get out of this "Rat Race". I've been doing it all wrong, but I'm also on my way to being on track. I've been doing it the way every middle class has been doing and it's the wrong way. I'm looking at my life now, and being married is what got me into this "Rat Race". Now that I'm single, I have a new perspective in life. Not only on how I need to live it, but how my divorce, is my way out of this "Rat Race".

Well, I've got to finish up writing my report for my day job, and think of other ways to make money. After that would be laundry and then it's time to vegged out.

Anyway, I'll finish up the book later on. I had to work at the Expo Center today for Brides Day. Lots of brides, some with kids already; babies. Took the kids with me to that and they seem to have enjoyed themselves trying out the free foods from the caterers. My daughter got a lot of candies stashed and she got a free garment bag from Rarity Bay. She's very resourceful. I actually called my ex to see if she and her husband she married back in August in a simple ceremony, would like to go in and look at bride ideas. She said, her husband is sick, but she'll be picking up the kids there at the show.

I had to say good bye to my kids and I didn't feel as lonely as I have felt in the past. I was ok with it today. I suppose I was just anxious to get back to Borders to read my book, but I can't do that today, since I have a report due and I have laundry to do.

That's all my blog for today. Tomorrow I go back to the "Rat Race".

No comments:

Post a Comment