Saturday, March 27, 2010

Weekend with the kids...

Slept late last night since a friend of mine wanted me to baby sit for his two boys while he was out with his wife and friends. My daughter and I didn't get to bed until 2am. They were out late. My son on the other hand, was able to get to bed early. I took him home while Hayley watched over the boys and they were asleep. Anyway, it was a great time with the kids and the boys.

Saturday afternoon and I'm here at Borders with the kids. Benji wanted to go here instead of Barnes & Noble. The Wi-Fi hotspot is getting worse at Borders. It's always slow or sometimes, you can't even connect. and I'm the only one here with a laptop.

I felt bad this morning, because I only had 2 eggs and 1 strip of bacon. My son had them since he was hungrier. I opted for cereal. Hayley had Pop Tarts. I hate not having money when the kids are around. And I'm trying to figure out what to have for lunch and dinner tonight. One more week and I get to plead to the judge why I need to have my child support payments adjusted. And I hope it does for my benefit. There's just not enough money to go around. The economy is bad and my ex gets the majority of my paycheck and I'm still in arrears.

With so many "bad" dads out there that play the system, it's hard to survive for those dads who actually care about their kids. I just went to bankruptcy court this past week and I feel a little better since I don't owe these people any more money. But the child support payments must keep going. The system is created for the benefit of the women.

I'm ok with it for now. I just hope God can help me out. I need to start saving money for my kids' college fund and my daughter is on her second year in high school. I don't have that much time.

Well, it's almost time for me to drop Hayley off to the mall so she can meet some friends. I'm glad to have baby sat for my friend last night. He gave Hayley some money for the services we all did and I made sure that Benji had some, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment